November 21, 2014
Lync Server 2013
- Updates for Lync Server 2013 - “CU7″ Nov 2014 (KB2809243)
- [version 8308.834] (download)
- applies to both Lync Server 2013 and Lync Server 2013 Multitenant Hosting Pack
Lync Server 2013 Management Pack
- [version 5.0.8308.831]
- download (LS2013ManagementPacks.msi, Lync Server 2013 Management Pack Guide.doc and WatcherNode.msi)
- Microsoft Lync Room System Deployment Guide (Nov2014 download)
- Microsoft Lync Room System Administrative Web Portal
- A Lync Server web component to monitor and manage Lync Room System devices
- [version 8308.846] download (LyncRoomAdminPortal.exe)
- Configuring the Windows Server 2012 Web Application Proxy as a Reverse Proxy for Lync Server (download)
Follow me for all the buzz -> @_leedesmond (Twitter)!
Keywords: patch, security, hotfix, update, rollup package, lync cumulative update (Lync 2013), lync server, security, cu update, mise à jour, cu, update rollup, RU (release update)
November 19, 2014
Windows Fabric is the underlying technology which enables Lync Server 2013 to perform its magic of high availability and redundancy at the Front-End Enterprise Edition pool-level. This loosely-coupled brick-model reduces dependencies on the SQL database back-end at the expense of heavier hardware demands on each FE server node.
At the very initial start-up, each of the FE server is assigned to a routing group in the EE pool. The number of routing groups dynamically increases as additional users come on-board. Written into the msRTCSIP-UserRoutingGroupID AD attribute, this is how a Lync-enabled user is associated with a routing group of a pool.
November 17, 2014
To check disk space usage for the various SQL database tables utilized in Lync Server 2013, execute the SQL stored procedure:
DBCC SQLPERF (LOGSPACE)
against the local rtcxds table of each Front-End server pool via SQL Management Studio (look under the percentage filled column).
November 13, 2014
Although a Lync Server 201x infrastructure can support multiple SIP domains, only one is active as the primary (routing) SIP domain at any one time. A Lync-enabled user is identified with an unique SIP address (assigned from a list of SIP domains, if defined). This is automatically written to both the msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress and proxyAddresses attributes in Active Directory when the Lync Server Control Panel or Management Shell is used (single- and multivalue attributes respectively). Both must match in the 2 attributes so that Lync (and Outlook integration) can function properly.
November 11, 2014
Lync Server will be rebranded as Skype for Business in the first half of 2015. A new client experience, new server release & Office 365 updates are in the pipeline. Apart from improved ease of use for end-users, Lync Server 2013 running on-premises can be updated to Skype for Business without any need for new hardware investments.
Read more about this official announcements here and here.
Follow me for all the buzz -> @_leedesmond (Twitter)!
November 2, 2014
Wenn Sie flexibel sind und Interesse an praktischem Ausprobieren in einem Hands-On IT Camp über Microsoft Azure / Hybrid-Cloud in verschiedenen Variationen haben, dann habe ich für Sie die einmalige Möglichkeit an einem solchen IT Camp noch teilnehmen zu können.
Themen (Event ID: 1032598046)
Microsoft Azure und Hybrid-Cloud (Kombi von On-Premise und Cloud), versch. Topics
In Bern bei Trivadis (Weltpoststrasse 5, 3015 Bern)
Freitag, 7. November von 09:00 bis 16:30
Hands-On IT Camp (ca. 60% einfache Hands-On Praxis mit dem eigenen Notebook)
Anmeldung und Registration?
Microsoft IT-Events (Schweiz) hier.
Dies ist eine einmalige Gelegenheit um Azure und Hybrid Cloud einmal praktisch an einfachen Beispielen kennen zu lernen. Das IT Camp ist in einfachem Englisch gehalten (sollte jeder verstehen können). Mehr info dazu hier.
October 29, 2014
- October 2014 update for Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.10 (KB3007876)
[version 141024] released 29 Oct 2014; download lync_14.0.10_141024.dmg
- Microsoft Lync Phone Edition for Aastra 6721ip and Aastra 6725ip (link)
- Microsoft Lync Phone Edition for HP 4110 and HP 4120 (link)
- Microsoft Lync Phone Edition for Polycom CX500, Polycom CX600 and Polycom CX3000 (link)
October 20, 2014
Super excited to share with you a guest post entitled “PowerShell and SQL Stored Procedure” I authored for The MVP Award Program Blog. Here is a short abstract:
PowerShell is the window to managing many aspects of a Lync Server 201x environment. Coupled with the deployment of the Monitoring Server service (or separate role in 2010) …
In this compact article, I shall show you how to utilize the built-in SQL stored procedures associated with the Lync databases…
Read the full article here or at the Microsoft Press Blog (#MVPBuzz / @MVPAward)
UPDATE (21. Oct 2014)
The code listing is now available in plain text - all thanks to your suggestions and feedback. Keep them coming please (including any ideas for future articles / blog posts)!
October 16, 2014
ATTENTION Lync, MEC and SharePoint Conference delegates!
Come year 2015 (4-8 May) in Chicago, IL is the all new Microsoft Ignite Conference. This enterprise technology conference brings together today’s separately run conferences from the entire Office family of products under one roof covering on-premise deployment to the cloud running Office 365.
Super early registration is now open at http://ignite.microsoft.com/. You can also participate in the Office 365 Technical Network’s Ignite Event group (in Yammer) to help shape plans for the event today.
Shape the event | Join the YamJam!
- Introducing Microsoft Ignite and our lineup of top conferences in 2015 (The Official Microsoft Blog; link)
- Introducing Microsoft Ignite – meet us in Chicago (Exchange team Blog; link)
- Introducing Microsoft Ignite (Office Blog/Lync; link)
MEC = Microsoft Exchange Conference
October 15, 2014
October 2014 update for Lync 2013 “CU6″ (KB2889929)
- download x86 or x64 package
- prerequisites MSO (KB2889927), MSORES (KB2817624*) and Lynchelp (KB2881083)
Notable is the new capability “Hide pictures in IM”, one of the top user requests since “Show pictures of contacts” was made available in the February 2014 Update for Lync 2013 desktop client. This hot new feature enables users to completely disable inline pictures in both peer-to-peer and group (IM) Lync conferences.
- Simpler, better instant messaging options in Lync 2013 (link)
- February 2014 Update for the Lync Desktop Client (link)
* included in Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (SP1)