… a large European based airline in economy class (A340-300)
- that charges really high fees for flight ticket
(surcharges like expensive service and fuel charges even though oil prices have significantly dropped and you are the one doing all the work booking online)
- serves unbelievably small portions for main meals* in all long-haul flights regardless of destinations
(notice the pathetic size of the special made tapered edged utensil / dish container = about 2 x mini salad bowls shown)
- promised on certain flights but still offers no personal interactive entertainment system on board (where others have this as standard for years, many at the second or third generation now); just plain old overhead color-faded CRT monitors and some LCD screens
- no fruits or snacks between meal times (passengers were asked to return to their seats as the airline even ran out of whatever left overs there were, such as pieces of bread)
In sharp contrast, most Asian based airlines offer much, much more with excellent services at extremely competitive prices. Good examples to consider are Singapore Airlines and Emirates. It may just be worth the effort to make the change as you (still) have a choice to decide where your hard-earned money goes! Costly or pricey items ! (not) always = quality or service.
How are your own personal experiences like?
* breakfast, lunch and dinner