A slew of brand new, exciting Lync 2013 RTM software applications, tools and documentation for server back-end, clients and plug-ins has been officially released for the desktop, laptop and mobile devices (tablets, slates, surface, etc.). Check them out today!
Lync 2013 Clients & Plug-in
- Lync 2013 MX App for Windows 8 (full GUI OS and Windows RT)
- download from Windows Store / App store
- Lync Server 2010, 2013 or Lync Online 365 back-end infrastructure mandatory
- Microsoft Lync Basic 2013 desktop client
- download x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64 Bit)
- Lync 2013 client is shipped only as part of the Office 2013 RTM suite. The Lync 2013 Basic client is a slimmer version of the full Lync 2013 client which provides the same core functionality with certain limitations when used with Office365. System Requirements: Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.
- Microsoft Lync VDI 2013 plugin [version 15.0.4420.1017]
- download x86 or x64 bits
- experience local like audio and video in peer-to-peer calls and conference calls when using Microsoft Lync 2013 in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Environment. System Requirements: Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8 and supported thin client devices (Dell Wyse Z90D7/ R90L7 / X90m7, HP t610 / t5740e).
Lync 2013 Server & Tools
- Lync Server 2013 Best Practices Analyzer [version 8308.0]; download
- gathers configuration information from Lync Server 2013 components to access the health, identify and resolve problems with a Lync Server deployment
- requires .NET Framework 4.5, Lync Server 2013 Core Components, WMI Backward Compatibility Package and Powershell 3.0.
- System Requirements: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Documentation Help File [version Oct2012]
- download this compiled help file (.chm) of all the available Lync Server 2013 IT professional documentation in the Technical Library for offline use
- Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Debugging Tools [version 8308.3]; download
- a collection of additional tools for use by IT Admins to aid in troubleshooting Lync Server 2013 deployments (Snooper, OCSLogger, OCSTracer, ClsController.psm1)
- Lync 2013 training slides and labs for developers [version 1]; download / video
- learn about Lync 2013 Managed API, Unified Communications Managed API 4.0, Web API, Persistent Chat Platform and Outlook apps.