Picture the same dilemma daily – so many new and re/twits (RT) but so little time to catch up! Here is a condensed version of twitter digest (‘favourite highlights’) for 1 – 16 January 2016 around Skype for Business / Lync collected in one convenient location. Only the original or initial twitter post with the actual source itself (not redirected “tiny URLs”) is listed although many of them were re-twitted RT.
Skype for Business and Lync 2013 Memory Usage
Skype for Business Hybrid Handbook, Version 1.2
Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack 2.0
One Click Attach SIP-Stack Logs to current IM Session
Zen and the Art of Skype for Business Maintenance Version 1.0
Sonus’ WebRTC Services Solution Release 1.1 is Generally Available
During the provisioning of a new Hyper-V virtual machine in Windows Server 2016 (or 2012 R2), you may encounter a rather baffling error while executing the New-VM cmdlet:
New-VM : The operation failed. User ‘Administrator’ failed to create external configuration store at ‘C:\vm\dc01’: The system cannot find the path specified.. (0x80070003) The operation failed because the file was not found.
You confirm receiving a similar message with the “New Virtual Machine Wizard” in Hyper-V Manager and that the user account has sufficient rights/permissions to create a new VM in the target directory.
This strange error could be attributed to a corrupted or missing “Virtual Machines” folder and/or content. This is located at “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V” with a typical Hyper-V installation. To resolve this issue, recreate or restore the former’s contents from a working backup. Alternatively, uninstall and reinstall of the Hyper-V role may be in order. Note that this location contains .xml data setup as symbolic links (.symlink) to Hyper-V virtual machines.
January 12, 2016, update for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) (KB3114502)
- Version 15.0.4787.1002 (1.0 released 5 Jan 2016)
- Download lync2013-kb3114502-fullfile-x??4-glb.exe (x86 or x64 bits)
– Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (SP1); KB2817430
– MS15-044 Security update for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business): May 12, 2015; KB3039779
– Microsoft Office 2013 Language Pack Service Pack 1 (SP1); KB2817427
- Issues fixed:
- KB 3128747 Video is missing in a Skype for Business 2015 meeting recording after the December 2015 security update 3114351 is installed
- KB 3121276 Title bar displays “Lync” after you install the November 2015 update for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business 2015)
- KB 3132307 Event ID 1000 is logged and Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) client crashes when you reconnect a remote session
- KB 3132305 “An unknown participant is now joining” message is displayed in a transferred call in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- KB 3132304 The Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) user interface of a call monitor flashes constantly
- KB 3114687 “The address type is not valid” error when you sign in to Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) by using domain\username format
- Known issues after applying this patch:
- KB 3051158 “Help isn’t working” error occurs when you open the “Skype for Business Help” window in Skype for Business
- KB 3051160 Cannot join meetings by using Lync 2010 after you install OneDrive for Business
- KB 3053998 Memory leak occurs when you transfer a file that is larger than 5 megabytes (MB) in a conversation in Skype for Business
Super excited to announce that I shall be a Speaker at the first ever PowerShell Conference 2015 Asia. Taking place in Singapore 18-19 Sep 2015 over the F1, Formula One night racing weekend, the abstract of my demo-driven break-out session is summarized below:
PowerShell Management Tips & Tricks in Lync/Skype Business Server
PowerShell is part and parcel of Lync Administration since Server 2010. Learn how to effectively put the many great cmdlets together to build useful scripts to monitor and manage your global environment in this demo driven session.
Make sure you take this opportunity to join Jeffrey Snover, industry experts, partners and MVPs share all you want to know about PowerShell in this exciting event. More information and registration here.
PS: do not miss out this wonderful opportunity to stay over to travel around and explore Singapore and the amazing South-East Asian countries.
#psconfasia15 #Skype4B #Lync #ITPro #PowerShell #Singapore
Follow me for all the buzz -> @_leedesmond (Twitter)!
Not one, not two or three but 4 great authors* put their heads together to bring you a new book “Lync Server Cookbook” (Jan 2015) covering Lync Server 2013 on-premises to Office 365/Lync Online in the cloud.
As a member of the technical reviewer team for this book, this one great reference is highly recommended as it has more than 90 recipes, bringing together practical tips/tricks with ready to run PowerShell scripts to help you configure, integrate, and manage your Lync Server deployment.
Get a copy for your bookself here today!
Follow me / chat me up for all the buzz -> @_leedesmond (Twitter)!
* Fabrizio Volpe, Alessio Giombini, Lasse Nordvik Wedø, António Vargas
#skype4b: SQL Mirror Database Failover Suspended (not synchronized state)