With the right credentials, you continue to fail to sign-in to Skype for Business / Office 365 (Skype Online):
Can’t sign in to Skype for Business
The user name, password, or domain appears to be incorrect. Ensure that you entered them correctly. If the problem continues, please contact your support team.
Still not working? See if you can fix it.
On the main skype4b desktop application’s “Sign in” page, … Continue reading
You may notice that since the launch of Lync 2010 client to the latest Skype for Business 2016 (desktop) client, user’s manually configured Presence Status automatically reverts to Available after some predetermined time-out period . This is unlike system managed status such as In a call or In a conference* which remains unchanged as long as the session is active (even with a locked computer).
To regain control over presence status set explicitly by hand, you can deploy PowerShell in combination with … Continue reading
The majority of client-side settings in Skype for Business 2016 client are controlled in-band whereas certain parameters continue to be configured using Group Policy (centrally in an AD environment). The latter essentially writes to the corresponding key/value pair in the Windows registry for each user in HKCU:.
One such popular setting is the Away status. Because both Active Directory Computer and User Group Policy are applied at computer start/user log on, and automatically refreshes every 90 minutes in the background by default (+30 minutes random offset), manual configuration of this setting will be overwritten eventually.
To workaround this constraint … Continue reading
Skype for Business Server 2015 Cumulative Update 5 “CU5” KB3061064
– version 9319.281
– released 17 May 2017 (download)
– list of bug/hot fixes per KB3061064
– adds Windows Server 2016 support!
– for Skype for Business Server 2015 running on Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Lync Server 2013 Cumulative Update (KB2809243)
– version 5.0.8308.977 Released 13 Dec 2016
– download LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe
– adds support for Skype for Business for Mac (KB3204553)
– resolves no search results returned (with Lync Server 2013 Nov 2016 Cumulative Update 8 Hotfix 1 KB3200080 [version 5.0.8308.974])
Skype for Business on Mac
- Skype for Business on Mac CU1
– released Nov 2016
– download the installer package
– server backend requirements:
+ Skype for Business Server 2015 Cumulative Update version 9319.272 or higher (KB3061064)
+ Lync Server 2013 Cumulative Update version 8308.974 or higher (KB2809243)
+ Lync Server 2010 is not supported
– Lync Server 2013 November 2016 Cumulative Update 8 HF 1 (link)
– (NextHop) Skype for Business on Mac CU1 Released! (link)
– Known issues – Skype for Business on Mac (link)
Skype for Business Server 2015 Cumulative Update (4)
- described in KB3061064 Updates for Skype for Business Server 2015
- version 9319.272 released 11/04/2016
- download SkypeServerUpdateInstaller.exe
- this update enables Location-Based Routing, LBR to support Skype for Business mobile clients
- issues fixed:
– KB3203706 Long silence when you dial into a meeting in Skype for Business Server 2015 that has name recording disabled
– KB3203153 You experience intermittent message delivery delay or failure in Skype for Business Server 2015 Persistent Chat rooms
– KB3203152 Lync Phone Edition telephones cannot put a call on hold if “Music on Hold” feature is disabled
– KB3203148 Front End server of Skype for Business Server 2015 crashes upon restart
– KB3203707 Japanese characters in the subject of a missed call notification message are garbled
– KB3203150 Calls to mobile clients fail if Skype for Business Server 2015 has advanced privacy mode enabled
– KB3203147 LS Storage Service event 32054 after you upgrade to Skype for Business from Lync 2013
If you have not yet signed up for my “Core Administration – Skype for Business Server” Pluralsight (and other excellent) online video course(s), you may want to check out this course’s free overview here or click on “Course Overview” under the Table of Contents (link).
I am super excited to share with you an online video course for IT Pros and DevOps which I authored entitled “Core Administration – Skype for Business Server”. You can learn at your own pace with this practical course with lots of demo touching on premise to cloud deployments (Office 365 / Skype for Business Online).
Sign up for this (and other great) course(s) at Pluralsight today. Looking forward to your support and feedback!
Skype for Business Server empowers seamless communications and data sharing anywhere from desktop to mobile. This course will teach you the core administrative aspects from system and user management to practical troubleshooting tips and tricks.
Operating a complex platform like Unified Communications and Collaboration to provide seamless access across typical productivity tools and applications is a challenging undertaking. In this course, Core Administration – Skype for Business Server, you’ll learn the foundational knowledge of system and user management.
First, you will acquire the skill to handle core user administration, policies, and configuration settings. Next, you’ll learn how to manage topology, define system components, and behavior to control access privileges. Finally, you’ll understand how to deploy tools and applications to effectively troubleshoot and support the environment.
When you’re finished with this course, you’ll gain the essential skills and know-how to run a smooth and problem-free infrastructure.
As a bonus, this course takes a look at on-premise vs. Skype for Business Online (Office 365) deployment scenarios in addition to management using PowerShell Remoting and a reference test lab topology to help complement your learning experience.
#skype4b #skype #lync #powershell
You are login with a Skype for Business Server administrative account holding appropriate rights/permissions on a workstation which is joined to the Active Directory domain. Upon executing a #skype4b command on the Control Panel or management shell, you encountered the error below:
Get-CsAddressBookConfiguration : Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.
At line:1 char:1
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-CsAddressBookConfiguration], SqlConnectionException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.SqlConnectionException,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Internal.GetAddressBookConfigurationCmdlet
If you have recently changed the account’s password, simply lock and unlock the administrative workstation using the updated credentials to fix this issue.
Knowledge based articles related to this KB2809243
- KB3148257 April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.949 for Lync Server 2013, Shared Line Appearance
KB3140586 April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.949 for the Lync Server 2013 Mediation Server
KB3140585 April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.949 for the Lync Server 2013, Response Group service
KB3140584 April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.949 for Lync Server 2013, Conferencing Server
KB3140582 April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.949 for Lync Server 2013, Front End Server and Edge Server
KB3140581 April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.949 for Lync Server 2013, Core Components
- version 8308.949 released 13 Apr 2016
- download LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe
- applies to Microsoft Lync Server 2013 and Lync Server 2013 Multitenant Hosting Pack (Standard and Enterprise Editions)
- steps 1 to 5 required to apply this update for Lync Server 2013 RTM (5.0.8308.0) per KB2809243