VERSION 3.10 (DEC 2016)
- improved search features
- find irregular conjugated verbs ( ≡ ) e.g. digo instead of decir (Infinitive Presente)
- incremental search e.g. type the first (few) letter(s) to display matching verbs such as de…
- new irregular Participio tab
- expanded irregular verb list
- bug fixes and corrections
INITIAL PUBLIC RELEASE (NOV 2016)
- global configuration settings ( ≡ )
- “SUB” flip switch toggle between indicative and subjunctive verbs
The first mobile App designed for anyone (struggling to) learning irregular Spanish verb conjugation. Developed in-house by my team and I using enterprise web/mobile Microsoft technologies and programming languages supporting Java, Swift to C++/C# and cross-platform deployments. Get it today!
SPANISH IRREGULAR VERBS
The only App with the most comprehensive collection of irregular Spanish verbs in an easy-to-use, clean and uncluttered interface with flexible and quick search function at your fingertip! Features Spanish irregular verbs in various tenses* (standard and reflexive forms) and is suitable for use at all language proficiency levels A1 – C2. Full functionality available offline in the absence of Internet network connection.
Available for Android on Google Play now (Apple iOS devices in the works)!
Skype for Business Server 2015 Cumulative Update (4)
- described in KB3061064 Updates for Skype for Business Server 2015
- version 9319.272 released 11/04/2016
- download SkypeServerUpdateInstaller.exe
- this update enables Location-Based Routing, LBR to support Skype for Business mobile clients
- issues fixed:
– KB3203706 Long silence when you dial into a meeting in Skype for Business Server 2015 that has name recording disabled
– KB3203153 You experience intermittent message delivery delay or failure in Skype for Business Server 2015 Persistent Chat rooms
– KB3203152 Lync Phone Edition telephones cannot put a call on hold if “Music on Hold” feature is disabled
– KB3203148 Front End server of Skype for Business Server 2015 crashes upon restart
– KB3203707 Japanese characters in the subject of a missed call notification message are garbled
– KB3203150 Calls to mobile clients fail if Skype for Business Server 2015 has advanced privacy mode enabled
– KB3203147 LS Storage Service event 32054 after you upgrade to Skype for Business from Lync 2013
Following our monthly Swiss IT Pro User Group meeting 11 Oct 2016 last Tuesday in Zurich, join Matthew, Ravi, the team and myself at the Singapore PowerShell User Group meeting this Wed 19 Oct 2016 at Microsoft Singapore (1900-2200 hrs). I shall be a(n unofficial) guest speaker at the panel sharing my experiences around PowerShell and more.
Come meet and talk to us at this warm-up to the official PowerShell Asia 2016 Conference from 20-22 Oct with limited tickets available at special discount prices for #meetup users. More information here.
See you there!
Since PowerShell v3, you should have already executed Update-Help at least once to download a local copy of the PS help files for offline use. This should be repeated if the version of PS is updated by way of the Windows Management Framework for existing Windows operating system.
Perhaps one not so frequently used feature when it is time to ask for help or learn more about a particular topic pertains to that of the set of about_* Help files. Over 100 of these from about_Aliases to about_Workflows are present in the initial release of PowerShell 5.0 shipped in the RTM version of Windows 10. Since then, Windows 10 has seen two major releases, namely Version 1511 and 1607 (Anniversary Update) where the latter updates PowerShell to version 5.1
After successfully updated your copy of Windows 10 to either of the latter 2 versions, …
Along with the new System Center 2016 suite is the eagerly awaited Windows Server 2016 where both products are now officially announced at IGNITE 2016 (Atlanta). Billed as the next cloud-ready operating system, IT administrators can expect improvements in (built-in) security, application platform support and software-defined infrastructure with the BIG focus on (Windows) Container technology *.
The new remote management “successor” option to Server Core call “Nano Server” carries a significantly smaller footprint and is available only to Software Assurance customers for production deployment.
* packaged with commercial edition of Docker engine – separately install via PowerShell script (a lightweight virtual machine designed for microservices deployment)
** with instructions to convert Windows Server 2016 evaluation version to retail
Thrilled to announce that I shall be a Speaker at the second PowerShell Conference 2016 in South-East Asia. This jam-packed event is scheduled to take place in amazing Singapore 21-22 Oct 2016 with exciting pre-conference workshops (Thu 20.10.2016).
Here is the abstract of my hands-on (demo driven) break-out session:
101 Crash Guide to Windows 10 Internet of (Your) Things Core and PowerShell
You can deploy Windows PowerShell on hetereogeneous platforms from Windows desktop, server, mobile and now Linux-based systems. Did you know that with Windows 10 Internet of Things (IoT) Core, you can harness the same PowerShell skillset to manage and administer your IoT and connected devices?
In this demo-driven session, you will walk away with the key knowledge to help you understand and embark on the exciting field of IoT.
Make sure you take this opportunity to join top Powershell team members, industry experts, partners and MVPs share all you want to know about PowerShell in this exciting event. More information and registration here.
PS: do not miss out this wonderful opportunity to stay over to travel around and explore Singapore and the amazing South-East Asian countries.
#psconfasia #ITPro #PowerShell #Singapore
Follow me for all the buzz -> @_leedesmond (Twitter)!
Breaking News (as on 18 Aug 2016)
“Alpha” release – official announcement here (or Twitter @jsnover)
The Microsoft .NET team has ported the .NET Core framework to Linux which in turn enabled PowerShell to be ported to Linux as well. PowerShell on *nix is now designed to enable customers to use the same tools and the same people to manage everything from just about anywhere.
More reasons to say YES to learn and deploy PowerShell to manage your heterogeneous Windows to Linux based on-premise to cloud environments today!
– Ubuntu, Centos, Red Hat and more coming
PowerShell Editor Service (link)*
– Choice of editors (VS Code, Sublime, etc.) with Intellisense, debugging, etc.
[MS-PSRP]: PowerShell Remoting Protocol
– Will be extended to use OpenSSH (option to use SSH or WinRM as a transport)
*Integrated Scripting Environment
Microsoft has open-sourced PowerShell for Linux, Macs. Repeat, Microsoft has open-sourced PowerShell @ www.theregister.co.uk
Kurs: PowerShell V5: Einführung (IS35.16.41)
Wo: EB Zuerich
Start: Do. 25. Aug 2016 x 8 Mal
Zeit: 1800 – 2130 Uhr
Ob Einsteiger, Quersteiger oder Entwickler, fangen wir von Null mit der Grundlage von Windows PowerShell an, um Praxisorientierte Know-how zum Einsatz vor Ort, Hybrid bis in der Cloud zu vermitteln.
Es gibt noch freien Plätze zu diesem beliebten Kurs. Sie sollen sich diese letzte Chance zum sonderlichen Preis nicht entgehen lassen.
Mehr Information und Anmeldung hier.
#PowerShell #ITPros #Events #Training @ebzuerich
As shared by the Windows team blog, the anniversary update for Windows 10 is now officially released as on Tue 2 Aug 2016.
This update is free for all licensed users and will be automatically rolled out to users worldwide through Windows Update*. This Anniversary Update is identified as “Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 1607”.
If you cannot wait for this automatic WU to kick in, you can go right to Microsoft’s Windows 10 Update History support page and manually download the executable (direct link to Windows10Upgrade28084.exe ~5.5MB).
To learn more about the “Windows 10 Anniversary Update”, see “New Video Series This Week On Windows Highlights Windows 10 Anniversary Update“.
* provided that you did not disable the WU service as part of your organization’s policy to retain absolute control over how and when updates, hotfixes, patches, etc. get deployed