Knowledge based articles related to this KB2809243
- KB3148257 April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.949 for Lync Server 2013, Shared Line Appearance
KB3140586 April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.949 for the Lync Server 2013 Mediation Server
KB3140585 April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.949 for the Lync Server 2013, Response Group service
KB3140584 April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.949 for Lync Server 2013, Conferencing Server
KB3140582 April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.949 for Lync Server 2013, Front End Server and Edge Server
KB3140581 April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.949 for Lync Server 2013, Core Components
- version 8308.949 released 13 Apr 2016
- download LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe
- applies to Microsoft Lync Server 2013 and Lync Server 2013 Multitenant Hosting Pack (Standard and Enterprise Editions)
- steps 1 to 5 required to apply this update for Lync Server 2013 RTM (5.0.8308.0) per KB2809243
Kurs: PowerShell V5: Einführung (IS35.16.31)
Wo: EB Zuerich
Start: Mi. 11. Mai 2016 x 8 Mal
Zeit: 1800 – 2130 Uhr
Mehr Information und Anmeldung hier.
Follow me for all the buzz -> @_leedesmond (Twitter)!
You are performing operational tasks in Skype for Business Server with the Control Panel when an Active Directory error message similar to the below started popping up for no apparent reason:
Get-CsUser : Active Directory error “-2147418113” occurred when looking for global catalogs in forest “swissitpro.ch“: “The user name or password is incorrect.”
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-CsUser -Identity swissitpro\desmond
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-CsUser], ADOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Rtc.Management.ADConnect.ADOperationExcep
#Build2016 for Office Developers – What’s New?
What’s new at Build 2016 for Office Developers (link)
Office 2013 Pro with Lync 2013 RTM is installed on a new Windows 10 desktop machine. As soon as you click a Lync or Skype for Business meeting invite URI, an error keeps appearing:
This operating system is not supported by this application.
[ OK ]
Despite having restarted the Lync application follow by reboot of the machine, the same error appears. It is getting late and you are not able to join the meeting. What can you do?
– append ?sl= to the meeting URI to join using the Lync/Skype Web App.
– first start one of the Office applications like Word to allow setup to complete the final installation steps.
The error below could result when performing an administrative task with the Skype for Business Control Panel or running a cmdlet in the management shell.
PS C:\Users\administrator> Get-CsUser user01
Get-CsUser : A connection was successfully established with the server, but
then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 – The wait operation timed out.)
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-CsUser user01
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-CsUser], SqlConnectionExc
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.SqlConnectionException
To resolve, ensure that the host machine has sufficient RAM memory and/or close unneeded running applications. This fix applies even if the Windows operating system appears to be running with adequate memory. Otherwise, a machine reboot may be in order.
Skype for Business Server 2015 Cumulative Update (2)
- described in KB3061064
- version 9319.235 released 3/18/2016
- download SkypeServerUpdateInstaller.exe
- new feature = Active Directory Authentication Library (ADAL)
- issue resolved = Windows 10 users who use Edge can’t join a meeting from Skype for Business Web App in Skype for Business Server 2015 (KB3095143)
Windows Management Framework (WMF) 5.0 RTM packages
(PowerShell 5.0 and supporting framework for down-level OS#)
- includes updates to Windows PowerShell, Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC), Windows Remote Management (WinRM) and Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- applies to Windows Server 2012 / R2, Windows 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1 (download and release notes)
- replace previously released WMF 5.0 RTM* and Production Preview packages
- require WMF 4.0 and .NET Framework 4.5 or higher installed to run WMF 5.0 on Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (see Note)
- described in KB3134758, KB3134759, and KB3134760
- fix the $PSModulePath issue in the initial release of WMF 5.0 RTM packages# (more here)
- Systems that are running the following server applications should not run Windows Management Framework 5.0 at this time**:
– Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
– Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP3
– Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
– Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
– System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager
To get the same set of functionality in Windows 10, make sure you upgrade / update to Build 1511 per KB3120677 / KB3124262## via Windows Update (or WSUS, System Center, etc.).
* KB3094174, KB3094175 and KB3094176 must all be uninstalled first
** can run WMF 5.0 on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
# not applicable to Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview builds
## first release Nov 2015; see 
- Windows Management Framework (WMF) 4.0 Update Package for Windows Server 2012 (KB3119938), Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows 7 SP1 (KB3109118) ; link
- Windows Management Framework 4.0 RTM is a pre-requisite for installing these packages.
- see Nov 2014 Update Rollup (KB3000850) for Windows 8.1 / RT and Windows Server 2012 R2. Prerequisites KB2919355.
February 2016 update for Lync for Mac 2011 14.3.3 (KB3139293)
- version 188.8.131.52216 released 23 Feb 2016
- download lync_14.3.3_160216.dmg
- requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later version and uninstall any version of Lync for Mac 2011 that is earlier than Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.4
- this update supersedes “October 2015 update for Lync for Mac 2011 14.2.1 (KB 3098588)”
- Issues fixed in this KB:
– 3139306 Text formatting lost when you copy or paste them between Lync for Mac 2011 and Word on a Mac computer
– 3139305 Lync for Mac 2011 conversations aren’t saved in the Outlook Conversation History folder when you use an Office 365 account
– 3139304 Video is distorted after a video call window is resized
– 3139292 Lync 2011 for MAC doesn’t automatically sign back in
– 3139291 “LocalEndpointAllocationFailed” error is logged and Lync for Mac client becomes unresponsive randomly
– 3139287 Duplicate contacts are displayed in search results in Lync for Mac 2011
– 3139286 Video preview window is black in Lync for MAC 2011
One workaround for this strange issue is to explicitly detach from and rejoin the member server FE01 to the AD domain. This should automatically fix the network category of the active network adapter* to “Domain network”.
Lastly, consider running nltest.exe with the /SC_QUERY and /SC_VERIFY switches to verify successful connection to the Active Directory network.
* connected to the production network