You are performing operational tasks in Skype for Business Server with the Control Panel when an Active Directory error message similar to the below started popping up for no apparent reason:
Get-CsUser : Active Directory error “-2147418113” occurred when looking for global catalogs in forest “swissitpro.ch“: “The user name or password is incorrect.”
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-CsUser -Identity swissitpro\desmond
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-CsUser], ADOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Rtc.Management.ADConnect.ADOperationExcep
Read more “#skype4b: Active Directory Error “-2147418113””
#Build2016 for Office Developers – What’s New?
What’s new at Build 2016 for Office Developers (link)
Office 2013 Pro with Lync 2013 RTM is installed on a new Windows 10 desktop machine. As soon as you click a Lync or Skype for Business meeting invite URI, an error keeps appearing:
This operating system is not supported by this application.
[ OK ]
Despite having restarted the Lync application follow by reboot of the machine, the same error appears. It is getting late and you are not able to join the meeting. What can you do?
– append ?sl= to the meeting URI to join using the Lync/Skype Web App.
– first start one of the Office applications like Word to allow setup to complete the final installation steps.
The error below could result when performing an administrative task with the Skype for Business Control Panel or running a cmdlet in the management shell.
PS C:\Users\administrator> Get-CsUser user01
Get-CsUser : A connection was successfully established with the server, but
then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 – The wait operation timed out.)
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-CsUser user01
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-CsUser], SqlConnectionExc
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.SqlConnectionException
To resolve, ensure that the host machine has sufficient RAM memory and/or close unneeded running applications. This fix applies even if the Windows operating system appears to be running with adequate memory. Otherwise, a machine reboot may be in order.
Skype for Business Server 2015 Cumulative Update (2)
- described in KB3061064
- version 9319.235 released 3/18/2016
- download SkypeServerUpdateInstaller.exe
- new feature = Active Directory Authentication Library (ADAL)
- issue resolved = Windows 10 users who use Edge can’t join a meeting from Skype for Business Web App in Skype for Business Server 2015 (KB3095143)
Windows Management Framework (WMF) 5.0 RTM packages
(PowerShell 5.0 and supporting framework for down-level OS#)
- includes updates to Windows PowerShell, Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC), Windows Remote Management (WinRM) and Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- applies to Windows Server 2012 / R2, Windows 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1 (download and release notes)
- replace previously released WMF 5.0 RTM* and Production Preview packages
- require WMF 4.0 and .NET Framework 4.5 or higher installed to run WMF 5.0 on Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (see Note)
- described in KB3134758, KB3134759, and KB3134760
- fix the $PSModulePath issue in the initial release of WMF 5.0 RTM packages# (more here)
- Systems that are running the following server applications should not run Windows Management Framework 5.0 at this time**:
– Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
– Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP3
– Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
– Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
– System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager
To get the same set of functionality in Windows 10, make sure you upgrade / update to Build 1511 per KB3120677 / KB3124262## via Windows Update (or WSUS, System Center, etc.).
* KB3094174, KB3094175 and KB3094176 must all be uninstalled first
** can run WMF 5.0 on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
# not applicable to Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview builds
## first release Nov 2015; see 
- Windows Management Framework (WMF) 4.0 Update Package for Windows Server 2012 (KB3119938), Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows 7 SP1 (KB3109118) ; link
- Windows Management Framework 4.0 RTM is a pre-requisite for installing these packages.
- see Nov 2014 Update Rollup (KB3000850) for Windows 8.1 / RT and Windows Server 2012 R2. Prerequisites KB2919355.
February 2016 update for Lync for Mac 2011 14.3.3 (KB3139293)
- version 220.127.116.11216 released 23 Feb 2016
- download lync_14.3.3_160216.dmg
- requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later version and uninstall any version of Lync for Mac 2011 that is earlier than Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.4
- this update supersedes “October 2015 update for Lync for Mac 2011 14.2.1 (KB 3098588)”
- Issues fixed in this KB:
– 3139306 Text formatting lost when you copy or paste them between Lync for Mac 2011 and Word on a Mac computer
– 3139305 Lync for Mac 2011 conversations aren’t saved in the Outlook Conversation History folder when you use an Office 365 account
– 3139304 Video is distorted after a video call window is resized
– 3139292 Lync 2011 for MAC doesn’t automatically sign back in
– 3139291 “LocalEndpointAllocationFailed” error is logged and Lync for Mac client becomes unresponsive randomly
– 3139287 Duplicate contacts are displayed in search results in Lync for Mac 2011
– 3139286 Video preview window is black in Lync for MAC 2011
One workaround for this strange issue is to explicitly detach from and rejoin the member server FE01 to the AD domain. This should automatically fix the network category of the active network adapter* to “Domain network”.
Lastly, consider running nltest.exe with the /SC_QUERY and /SC_VERIFY switches to verify successful connection to the Active Directory network.
* connected to the production network
Attempts to manage your UC infrastructure with Skype for Business 2015 Control Panel or Management Shell on a #skype4b Front-End server, FE01 may provoke an error similar to the following:
Get-CsClientVersionPolicy: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network interfaces, error: 26 – Error Locating Server/Instance Specified).
You verified that Windows Firewall exception (port 1433) on the Microsoft SQL Server 201x database backend … Read more “Skype for Business: A network-related or instance-specific SQL error #26 … 1/2”
February 9, 2016, update for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) (KB3114732)
- Version 15.0.4797.1000 (1.0 released 1 Feb 2016)
- Download lync2013-kb3114732-fullfile-x??-glb.exe (x86 or x64 bits)
– Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (SP1); KB2817430
– MS15-044 Security update for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business): May 12, 2015; KB3039779
– Microsoft Office 2013 Language Pack Service Pack 1 (SP1); KB2817427
- KB 3136422 Call transfer button is missing when you answer a RGS call in skype for Business that is paired with a Polycom CX600
- KB 3136421 Can’t logon Lync 2013 (skype for Business) automatically after you install December 2015 update on a non-domain computer
- KB 3136420 Lync 2013 client crashes when you park outline voice calls
- KB 3136419 All options in the right-click menu aren’t working when you transfer a call to a searched user in Skype for Business
- KB 3136418 Wrong file size is displayed when you transfer a large file that is greater than two Gigabyte in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- KB 3136400 No missed call notification generated in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- KB 3051158 “Help isn’t working” error occurs when you open the “Skype for Business Help” window in Skype for Business
- KB 3051160 Cannot join meetings by using Lync 2010 after you install OneDrive for Business
- KB 3053998 Memory leak occurs when you transfer a file that is larger than 5 megabytes (MB) in a conversation in Skype for Business